Worldreader is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- No sale of personal information. Worldreader will not rent or sell your personal information to third parties.
- Information you provide through the “1 million e-books to Africa” campaign and update process. When you participate in the campaign we collect basic information about you through the process. When you do so, you grant Worldreader permission to access your basic information.
- Customer service. If you contact Worldreader, we might collect the information you provide (for example, your name, email address, and question/comment) in order to contact you and address your question or comment.
- Information shared with third parties. Worldreader collects your information and shares it with third parties, including payments processors, to facilitate activities and transactions for the operation of this minisite and campaign, improve User experiences on our main Website, and further Worldreader’s mission.
- Optional newsletter. By participating in the campaign, you will be signed up for the Worldreader newsletter, but you can choose not to receive this newsletter by “opting out” at the time of your donation, or through a link at the bottom of the e-mail that you will receive. You can also send us an e-mail to email@example.com requesting that you be taken off the newsletter mailing list.
- Disclosure to affiliates, service providers, agents and representatives. We will disclose your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. Worldreader’s affiliates and service providers, agents and representatives of Worldreader and its affiliates may be provided access to your personally identifiable information as part of, or incident to, their provision of services to Worldreader (for example, processing Donation transactions, distributing Worldreader emails and fulfilling physical Worldreader product orders). All such access shall be under appropriate confidentiality agreements and limited to use to provide services to Worldreader to help Worldreader further its mission.
- Disclosure of non-personally identifiable data. Worldreader reserves the right to disclose information that does not directly identify you, for example, aggregated or anonymized data, for educational, informational or promotional purposes in furtherance of Worldreader’s mission.
- Access to your information. If your personally identifiable information changes, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove your information by making the change on the Login section of the minisite or you can request the change by contacting Worldreader by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at the contact information listed in Section 18 (How to contact Worldreader) below. We will respond to your change request within 30 days. You may terminate your participation in the campaign and registered account on the minite at any time and for any reason by sending a written notice of termination to Worldreader via e-mail or post.
- Security. Worldreader takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical such as encrypting transmission of information using SSL and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure and modification of personal information. While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
506 2d Avenue, Fl 18
Seattle, WA 98104